Ala Moana - Honolulu, Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Ala Moana-Kakaako Neighborhood Board Meeting Community Action Committee June 2018 Minutes
DRAFT COMMUNITY ACTION COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
THURSDAY, JUNE 14, 2018
MCCOY PAVILLION, ALA MOANA REGIONAL PARK
CALL TO ORDER: Committee Chair Ryan Tam called the meeting to order at 6:19pm.
IN ATTENDANCE: Ryan Tam (Chair), Chris Chung, Lynn Mariano, Paige Shimabuku
• Ala Wai Promenade: Chung confirmed that construction funds are in the capital budget. Need to follow up with Department of Parks and Recreation to discuss plans and suggest a resident or community committee to provide oversight/input on the project.
• HECO Property: No update. Chung discussed the idea to invite interested developers to partner with the community in developing ideas for the site redevelopment.
OTHER RESIDENT/COMMUNITY CONCERNS
• Mariano reported on the "Kakaako Means Business" event, which was a discussion forum held by the Pacific Business News earlier in the day. Mariano noted that 40,000 people would be added to Kakaako in the coming years. Mariano noted a lack of medical services in the area---including services for homeless individuals. Suggestion to connect with the HCDA board members and more closely follow legislation and HCDA board activities.
• Chung described a concept to gather together all neighborhood boards and put together a conference-type event or block party of neighborhood board members islandwide (over 400 individuals). Could be a social-type of meeting, but could also focus on key issues such as homelessness, transportation, or public safety. Initial action would be to start discussions with adjacent neighborhood boards to gauge interest and participation. Other action is to check the archives of the neighborhood board system to see if such a gathering has occurred before and to develop a preliminary charter for an event. Should also be added to the community action committee agenda.
ANNOUNCEMENTS: Next committee meeting will be in August or September 2018.
ADJOURNMENT: As there was no further business before the Committee, Chair Tam adjourned the meeting at 7:14pm.
Submitted by: Ryan Tam
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Ala Moana - Kakaako Neighborhood Board No. 11
Come learn about what's going on in the Ala Moana community!
Check out things to do in Ala Moana - Honolulu, Hawaii on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in the Ala Moana - Honolulu, Hawaii community.
- Ala Moana Honolulu, Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Ala Moana - Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Ala Moana - Honolulu, Hawaii Community More...
- Ala Moana - Honolulu, Hawaii Coupons & Discounts
Save money in Ala Moana - Honolulu, Hawaii with these coupons.
- About Ala Moana - Honolulu Hawaii
Learn about Ala Moana - Honolulu, Hawaii.
- About Ala Moana HI .com
Learn about Ala Moana HI .com website and its creator.